Mike D.
Mike D., Hobbyist
Experience:  Avid electronic hobbyist. I enjoy fixing all types of electronic devices.
26730344

Sentry Safe will not open with combination I set

Customer Question

Sentry Safe will not open with combination I set it for and with which it always worked before. We were on a one week trip and just returned home. On the lower right side of the front door their are two identifiers. The top one is MSW3517. The bottom one is BD509846* Can you help me. The conbimation was set at 37265
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike D. replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Unless you have already registered on the Sentry website, you need a notarized letter as described here.
https://www.sentrysafe.com/customerCare/retrieveCombination.aspx

Please reply if you need further assistance with your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

That does not address the problem I am having. I am not trying to retrieve a lost combination. I know the combination. But the safe does not open when I use the combination. It does nothing. No lights. No nothing.

The Sentry Safe Customer Care link you gave me just gives information on how to retrieve a lost combination by sending a registered letter to Sentry. My question was...and is...what do I do to open the safe when the combination is known but the safe is not reacting to it normally. In other words the combination I have always opened the safe before. What have I done wrong? There is a Program button on the bottom of the number pad and a Clear

Expert:  Mike D. replied 5 years ago.

Have you tried replacing the batteries?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't see a battery location and I don't know where the batteries are? In fact, I did not even know there were any batteries.

Can you give instructions on how and where to find batteries and check them? This is not another question. It is pursuing an answer to my first question. Have combo. Suddenly does not work. What to do to fix Sentry Safe,

Do you need more time with regard to the still unanswered original question to perhaps contact Sentry Safe for them to supply answers to help in this question.

The numbers on the safe in the lower right corner are:

MSW3517 (I assume that is model number.) And below that number there is the number BD509846* (I assume that is the serial number. I have no idea what the little asterisk at the end means or whether it is part of the serial number.)

Expert:  Mike D. replied 5 years ago.

The numbers you gave in the beginning indicate that you have a Electronic FIRE-SAFE® model MSW3517. This model uses 4AA batteries which are housed under the keypad. The instructions are located here http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/513022.pdf

I will continue to assist until the problem is resolved.