Mike D.
Mike D., Hobbyist
Experience:  Avid electronic hobbyist. I enjoy fixing all types of electronic devices.

Sentry Safe will not open with combination I set it for and

Customer Question

Sentry Safe will not open with combination I set it for and with which it always worked before. We were on a one week trip and just returned home. On the lower right side of the front door their are two identifiers. The top one is MSW3517. The bottom one is BD509846* Can you help me. The conbimation was set at 37265
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike D. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Unless you have already registered on the Sentry website, you need a notarized letter as described here.
https://www.sentrysafe.com/customerCare/retrieveCombination.aspx

Please reply if you need further assistance with your question.

Mike D., Hobbyist
Experience: Avid electronic hobbyist. I enjoy fixing all types of electronic devices.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the answer to my question? I cannot find it anywhere. I clicked on the Answer Accepted icon expecting that it meant I would then see my answer. But I don't see anything and can't find an answer. So, I have nothing for my acceptance at this point

Walter Deptula.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your answer to my still existing question does not address the problem I am having. I am not trying to retrieve a lost combination. I know the combination. But the safe does not open when I use the combination. It does nothing. No lights. No nothing. The answer you gave me was to go to the Sentry Safe Customer Care link

But that link just gives information on how to retrieve a lost combination by sending a registered letter to Sentry. My question was...and is...what do I do to open the safe when the combination is known but the safe is not reacting to it normally. In other words the combination I have always opened the safe before. What have I done wrong? There is a Program button on the bottom of the number pad and a Clear

Expert:  Mike D. replied 3 years ago.
Walter,

Have you tried replacing the batteries?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't see a battery location and I don't know where the batteries are? In fact, I did not even know there were any batteries
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see a battery location and I don't know where the batteries are? In fact, I did not even know there were any batteries.

Can you give instructions on how and where to find batteries and check them? This is not another question. It is pursuing an answer to my first question. Have combo. Suddenly does not work. What to do to fix Sentry Safe,

Do you need more time with regard to the still unanswered original question to perhapsw contact Sentry Safe for them to supply answers to help in this question.

The numbers on the safe in the lower right corner are:

MSW3517 (I assume that is model number.) And below that number there is the number BD509846* (I assume that is the serial number. I have no idea what the little asterisk at the end means or whether it is part of the serial number.)

I need to attend to other matters which are important, so please reply to me by e-mail with the Answer to my original question.

Thanks,

Walter Deptula

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just replied to an e-mail from Just Answer which tells me my question has been answered. Their e-mail state, as follows:

Thank you for accepting the answer to your Electronics question.

This message confirms that Mike D. (one of the Electronics Experts) has been paid for helping you.

Transaction details:

Your Account Status: High Priority
Your New Rating: 1 Accepts/1 Questions (100%)
Your Question: Electronics
Payment Amount: $28

My reply to them by same e-mail reads as follows:

Dear Just Answer, I do not accept the answer and only pressed the button because I could find no answer. I still do not feel my question was answered. Mike D sent me to Sentry Safes via a link to their Customer Care people who were ready to help me recover a lost or forgotten combination. I have the combination. It has always worked. It suddenly did not work yesterday. So, I was not asking the question he answered by sending me to Sentry Safe Customer Care. That just pawned me off to people prepared to tell me something I know....my safe's combination. Please do not infer that my pressing the Accept button meant I was happy with an anwer. There was no answer on the page. I made a logical assumption that I had to press the Accept button to get that answer. If you cannot help me with my true question, please advise. But I will disagree with any charge that you have answered the question asked. Thanks, XXXXX

I will hope for a reply that will address the problem posed and provide an answer that will cause a successful outcome.

Again, thanks.

Please e-mail me at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Mike D. replied 3 years ago.
Walter,

I stepped away from the computer last night, sorry I did not read your emails until this morning.

The numbers you gave in the beginning indicate that you have a Electronic FIRE-SAFE® model MSW3517. This model uses 4AA batteries which are housed under the keypad. The instructions are located here http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/513022.pdf

I will continue to assist until the problem is resolved.