Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience:  FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems

I have a panasonic mod#Pt60LCX64; I got the blinking red power

I have a panasonic mod#Pt60LCX64; I got the blinking red power light, I turn it on I get the green blinking power light. I have done all the resetting, the unplugging , etc, etc.. what else is there todo, I have been at this for about 5 hours now.. frustrated at this point.. thanks Rich
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rich,

Sorry you are having problems - just to be sure I understand. When you power it on - it immediately goes green blinking and then switches to red blinking is that correct?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sir,

I have not had a problem with this TV since I've had it. All of a sudden this morning it wanted to do this. So, I went through all the things I read in the book, Unplug, wait and even went to a different receptacle also. Went through all the reset checks etc. as I explained.

Expert:  Rod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rich,

Is the red blinking a pattern - such as 2-blinks pause 3-blinks, or 3 blinks, pause and then repeats?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No sir,

it is just a steady blink ...... no pattern to it at all

Expert:  Rod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rich,

This is the power light and not the lamp or temperature light that is blinking - correct?

The light starts green then goes to red (panasonic calls it orange) - and just continually blinks? There can be up to 7 blinks a five second pause and then blinks again.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes sir,

it is the light at/on the power button. and yes I turn it on it blinks green and this time I counted 96 times before it turned to red/orange ( aboiut 3-4 mins)

Expert:  Rod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rich,

Those symptoms are not indicated in the service manual I have for the fault indication - the most common problem with these units is the light engine (lamp/ballast) that you may have a problem there that is not in the programmed logic.

The only diagnostic led blink, that possibly is close is the power light will blink orange once every five seconds continuously which indicates a fan failure.

Needless to say, it will require servicing. Without solid diagnostics, I cannot predict the cost to repair. A service estimate will run about $75-$100 depending on your location. The estimate charge will apply towards labor for repairs.

Sorry its not good news - ask if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience: FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems