Daniel, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  BSEE (Electrical Engineer), 10+ years electronic design experience ,chip, board, component expert
47322625

Do mono-polar magnets exists and can you give an example

Do mono-polar magnets exists and can you give an example? Also please explain the difference between a mono-polar, homo-polar and uni-polar magnets.

Thank you
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Hi there, ok, I'll try to keep this short.

Answer to your first ?, no they don't exist. Having a true unipolar magnet is impossible. Magnets are powered by the opposing forces. It would be like clapping with one hand.....

There is a lot of "theoretical" stuff out there about monopole magnets though. Invent one and you'll be rich.

As far as the homo, uni, they all refer to the same non existant type of magnet.

A mono-polar magnet is confusing as it is still a 2 pole magnet but set up in such a way as to utilize one of the fields more than the other. See link....

http://mundi.com/tech.html

There is such a thing as a homo-polar generator and motor though........

http://www.cramster.com/reference/wiki.aspx?wiki_name=Homopolar_generator

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, all magnets have 2 poles.

Hope this helps you,

-Jared

If this answer helped you please click the ACCEPT button.

Edited by jaredpoz on 9/3/2010 at 4:52 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The link you provided for mundi.com is to a bunk science based water and fuel "energizer" product. They all claim to have perfected the mono-polar magnet or effect.

I have wracking my brains with math and science and tearing up my lab for weeks and can't prove any of what these products calim to do but do see some anomillies in the data. You have confirmed my thoughts but I am still trying to find some reference material that is concrete from a reputable source to put this to rest.

Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 years ago.

Please ACCEPT if you were satisfied with your answer. Thank You.