romr2009
romr2009, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
24179821

I cant get my computer to recognize the Bose Soundlink. The

Customer Question

I can't get my computer to recognize the Bose Soundlink. The USB port is working, all lights are solid and the Wave machine says "computer". Can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

Hi there try the following.......

Remove the SoundLinkTM USB key from your computer, wait

30 seconds, and insert it again.

• If you are using a USB hub, make sure the hub is powered.
  • Try a different USB port. If you are using a powered USB hub, try moving the SoundLinkTM USB key to a USB port on the computer.
  • Remove the SoundLinkTM USB key, restart your computer, and insert the USB key again.

Let me know,

-Jared

If this answer helps you please click the ACCEPT button.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have tried all of these things and the computer still doesn't recognize the SoundLInk USB Key.

Any other ideas?

Thanks so much,

Colleen

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

working on it, give me a few minutes........

Hi Colleen, please visit the following link. Go to page 10 of the PDF file where it says "preparing your computer", follow these steps exactly and tell me at which step you are having problems. I understand that you nmay have already tried this, but I need to be sure we are on the same page, and then we'll go from there.

http://products.bose.com/pdf/customer_service/owners/og_awms_soundlink_acc.pdf

-Jared

Edited by jaredpoz on 8/31/2010 at 12:50 AM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Jared,

Yes, I have tried all the steps on page 10. Every thing seems to be working okay, except I cannot get my computer to detect the hardware. I've gone into the control panel and tried to add new hardware, but am unable to get it to recognize the device. It asks for a disk, which was not included with the SoundLink. Any other ideas?

Colleen

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 years ago.

In my opinion you have a faulty bluetooth device. Either the transmitter/reciever or both. I have opted out of the question to allow another expert to hopefullly solve this for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Jared

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Jared,

Okay, thanks for trying. I will wait to hear from someone else.

Thanks again,

Colleen

Expert:  romr2009 replied 5 years ago.
Hi Colleen,

• Turn off the Bose.
  • Wait 20 seconds.
  • Unplug the Bose power cord from the wall outlet.
  • If the SoundLink adapter has a separate power supply, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Unplug the Bose Link cable from the Bose and visually inspect the pins and socket for corrosion.
  • Re-connect the Bose Link cable.
  • ... ... Unplug the Bose Link cable from the Bose.
  • ... ... Re-connect the Bose Link cable.
  • ... ... ... Unplug the Bose Link cable from the Bose.
  • ... ... ... Re-connect the Bose Link cable.
  • Re-apply power to the Bose and the SoundLink adapter.
  • Reboot the computer.