Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

Have a CC Radio plus The on and off switch with timer has quit

Have a CC Radio plus The on and off switch with timer has quit working is ther a easy fix or what?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Gina-Mod replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What more do you need. I sent what is wrong????
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

.Hello,

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

An easy fix? No!

However the problem given the explaination is most likely in the power supply or the power button, test the power button for voltage in, you can also tes the power supply voltage. There should also be a fuse on the board to check.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I guess you don't understand the puwer button is broken,plastic under it is broken or something. It can be turned on if I keep pushing on it, but then it will stick down. I think I might need a new switch in side. Can that be ordered and fixed.or do I have to send raido in for repair.A new one costs 150.00.
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

That does in fact sound like a bad power switch, you would need to remove the outer power button and then press if the problem is still there then the internal switch is bad, this switch is soldered right onto the board, to replace one would first need to locate a switch then desolder and solder a new one in place for a shop to repair it you will be looking at around $100 or so including parts and labor possibly even more, most places you will find will not even provide a board level repair as most will only replace the board which again is not available. It is actually better to replace it and could cost less to replace as well.

Now if less then 1 year old then the item should still be covered under the manufactures warranty in which case you would simply only need to call them for repair/replacement.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel as though you have told me something I have allready had figered out before. I was looking for a fix that I could do.Do I get charged for this imformation?
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

am sorry this is not the information you where hoping for however I have answered with correct info to your question, when a question is asked the customer chooses the deposit amount and places a deposit at that time for their question to be answered. Once a question is answered with the correct info it is up to the customer to click/press the accept button which then pays the expert for their time out of that deposit amount, this is not a free site, satisfaction is provided.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, Mechanic
Experience: Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.