Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

Is there a way to reset my RCA digital converter box/remote

Is there a way to reset my RCA digital converter box/remote or can you walk me through how to get my picture and channels back? I was trying to use that remote and also program a Univeral (brand) universal remote and now I'm not getting pictures on most of my channels. I have messed with quite a few things including my Memorex TV remote. HELP! Can't seem to reprogram the channels. My nephew just checked all the hookups the other night so those should all be right (he's a computer geek).
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Do you have the Model number of your converter box? It should be printed on a label, perhaps on the back or bottom of the box.

Also, do you have the original remote available for this box?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Greg,

No, I think I threw the digital converter packaging away. By "box", do you mean TV set? If so, yes. And yes, this is the original remote that came with the converter...

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 years ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for the delay.

The model number should be on the converter itself - on the back or bottom of the unit, usually on a sticker. That is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are no stickers or imprints or raised letters of any kind on this thing. It is black, the power, volume and channel buttons are gray, and it's about an inch and a half wide, 5 inches long and about 3/4 inches deep.

It will turn the power on and off, so that's ok, but how do I get my picture, and channels back? I have 1 channel coming in clear, but no sound with it. That's all.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Greg, on the bottom of the converter box itself it has the number STB7766C. Sorry to be so slow with this!

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 years ago.

Hi again,

I just saw your response & thank you for that information.

Let me send you a link to the manual for this converter. You should be able to just click the link and it will appear on your screen. Please let me know if that does not happen.

Manual <<--CLICK HERE

Once you have that manual, you should look at page 10 - at the top - where it talks about "Searching for Channels". It would be best to do a channel search to see if the box can find the channels again. Here is a picture of those instructions.

graphic

Please give that a try and let me know what happens.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Engineer / Consultant