Andy Mont
Andy Mont, Engineer
Experience:  R&D Electronics Engineer

How do I recover the password to my Swann DVR 16-8600 Plus

Customer Question

How do I recover the password XXXXX my Swann DVR 16-8600 Plus system. Or how do I reset the system so I can operate it? I currently cannot log-in to the system management due to the fact that I am unable to remember the correct password.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andy Mont replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Andrea Monte :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

Andrea Monte :

I am sorry, but since resetting the password XXXXX possibly allow an unauthorised person access to your DVR, you must contact the Swann Helpdesk for the instructions on how to do this.

Andrea Monte :

if you want I can help you to contact them

Andrea Monte :

but there is nothing more we can do as this deals with the security of your system

Customer:

Was that your answer? The password XXXXX forgotten.

Andrea Monte :

I understand, but this is the security provided and designed by Swann. You just need to contact them and they will verify your info and support you in recovering your system

Andrea Monte :

Swann Communications USA Inc.XXXXXbr />Santa Fe Springs 90670

Telephone: 1-800-627-2799

Email: tech@swannsecurity.com

Please note that this number is XXXXX free call to Swann head office, Melbourne Australia. The Time Zone in Melbourne is GMT +10hours.
Approximate times are shown below. Please remember to subtract an extra hour in daylight saving time. Daylight saving time in Melbourne Australia runs from the last Sunday in October until the last Sunday
in March.

Customer:

Swann was contacted. There is no tech support for this version. It is an older version. is there no advice that you can provide, other than contacting Swann, which I have already done?

Andrea Monte :

try to press the “pause” button 12 times on the front panel and see if it will reset the DVR's password XXXXX
the factory default password XXXXX (0000).

Andrea Monte :

if that does not work, try to press CH1 (channel 1) button 6 x times

Customer:

This is an older model. there is no pause button of the front of the system.

Customer:

Pressing the channel one button six times just brings the picture onto the screen one size and doesn't offer any other options pertaining to the password.

Andrea Monte :

I am really sorry, but with this kind of problems, the tech support of Swann should be the best

Andrea Monte :

I mean, this is not something related to some malfunctioning of the unit or electronics inside

Andrea Monte :

If Swann support does not provide any help with that, I cannot do much more

Andrea Monte :

I will opt out from this question so that other experts will be able to answer to it

Andrea Monte :

please do not reply to this message, if not the question will get back to me

Andrea Monte :

good luck