Andy Mont
Andy Mont, Engineer
Experience:  R&D Electronics Engineer

How to recover password to Swann DVR 16-8600 Plus system?

Customer Question

How do I recover the password  to my Swann DVR 16-8600 Plus system. Or how do I reset the system so I can operate it? I currently cannot log-in to the system management due to the fact that I am unable to remember the correct password.

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andy Mont replied 6 years ago.

Andrea Monte :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer

I am sorry, but since resetting the password could possibly allow an unauthorized person access to your DVR, you must contact the Swann Helpdesk for the instructions on how to do this.

If you want I can help you to contact them, but there is nothing more we can do as this deals with the security of your system

JACUSTOMER-uwoiba2x- :

Was that your answer? The password was forgotten.

Andrea Monte :

I understand, but this is the security provided and designed by Swann. You just need to contact them and they will verify your info and support you in recovering your system

Andrea Monte :

Swann Communications USA Inc.
12636 Clark Street
Santa Fe Springs 90670
Telephone: 1 - 8 0 0 - 6 2 7 - 2 7 9 9
Email: t e c h @ s w a n n s e c u r i t y . c o m

Please note that this number is a free call to Swann head office, Melbourne Australia. The Time Zone in Melbourne is GMT +10hours.
Approximate times are shown below. Please remember to subtract an extra hour in daylight saving time. Daylight saving time in Melbourne Australia runs from the last Sunday in October until the last Sunday in March.

JACUSTOMER-uwoiba2x- :

Swann was contacted. There is no tech support for this version. It is an older version.

Andrea Monte :

Try to press the “pause” button 12 times on the front panel and see if it will reset the DVR's password to the factory default password of (0000).

If that does not work, try to press CH1 (channel 1) button 6 x times

JACUSTOMER-uwoiba2x- :

This is an older model. There is no pause button of the front of the system.

Pressing the channel one button six times just brings the picture onto the screen one size and doesn't offer any other options pertaining to the password.

Andrea Monte :

I am really sorry, but with these kind of problems, the tech support of Swann should be the best

I mean, this is not something related to some malfunctioning of the unit or electronics inside

If Swann support does not provide any help with that, I cannot do much more

Good luck