Simit
Simit , Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor in Computer Engineering
15190142

I dropped my Kindle on the floor. The screen is not cracked,

I dropped my Kindle on the floor. The screen is not cracked, but the image on the screen is frozen and none of the buttons work. Can this be repaired?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Simit replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Simit :

What is the model number of the Kindle? How long have you had it?

Customer:

There is no other model number information on the Kindle ot the packaging. I received it as a gift in March, 2010. I just began to use it today.

Simit :

Ok. It's probably a recent model, and it's likely under warranty.

Simit :

First, try resetting it. Slide the power switch and hold it for 20 seconds. Do that with the power plugged in, and with it unplugged.

Customer:

I tried sliding the power switch and holding it for 20 seconds with the power plugged and then with the power unplugged, The screen remains frozen. Do I need to send it to a Kindle repair facility to have it repaired? Is ther a repair store in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area?

Simit :

If the reset didn't fix, it then it will need to be repaired. Your best option will be to have Amazon do the repair. They may even cover it for free under warranty. Just call the number below and they will be able to repair it:

Simit :

1-866-321-8851

Simit :

If I answered your question, please click the Accept button. Let me know if you need any more help with it.

Customer:

I just called Amazon. They are sending me a replacement. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Simit replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.