Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
39158752

i have a samsung dvr shr-1041 i have forgotten my password

i have a samsung dvr shr-1041 i have forgotten my password XXXXX cant acess it . what do i need to do ? thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Jack52 :

Hi and thank you for using justanswer.

To answer your question;
In case of a forgotten password, the default password XXXXX be : ADMIN 4321

Customer:

i tried it still no good

Jack52 :

o.k can you tell me if the password XXXXX a specific number of digits ?

Customer:

it doesnt seem to itcan be letters or numerals

Jack52 :

Also did you enter the password XXXXX gave you all in one word/sequence ?

Customer:

yes

Jack52 :

Can you give me a few minutes while i do some research ?

Customer:

it has two lines the top one is user line it has my name still keith the bottom one is password if you click the box beside the top one it changes to admin i tried the password XXXXX both . No problem

Customer:

take your time

Jack52 :

How about ADMIN on the top line and 4321 on the botXXXXX XXXXXne?

Customer:

no luck

Jack52 :

Here is another one with admin on the first line try "root"on the second line

Customer:

no

Jack52 :

Do you have the owner`s manual ?

Customer:

no when my girlfriend left she took all my paperwork for everything

Jack52 :

Somehow it seem to be hard to find(manual)
What i can do at this point is switch this Chat to standard Q&A mode where you will receive emails and a link to reply.
Then i will do some research and come back to you as soon as i have some info.

Or if you are pressed for time i could OPT out and perhaps another tech can help you with it.

Customer:

i have some time if you want to keep at it

Jack52 :

o.k then i will switch mode and you should receive an email right away.

Jack, Technician
Experience: 35 years experience as audio/video repair and installation tech.
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended
Jack5240400.8603213773
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

o.k we are now in standard Q&A mode .

I should have an answer in a few hours.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THANKS I WILL LET YOU DO YOUR THING

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Haven`t finished searching yet but just a though;

In some cases(routers) where the default login was ADMIN then the password XXXXX be ADMIN as well.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tried but no luck

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Hi again

I got this info for you from the owner`s manual;

To access a DVR or restricted menu, you should have logged in to

the DVR.

If you start the system or try to access restricted menus, the login

dialog pops up.

Double-click any area on the screen or press the [ENTER] button on the

front panel to display the virtual keyboard. (Page 26)

Select a user and enter the password.

The default admin password XXXXX "4321".

Select <oK>.

If you have successfully logged in, the Live screen appears.

The default screen is in 4-split mode with an option of continuous recording.

I know that you`ve tried it but somewhere perhaps you missed something.

This info was on page 17 of the user manual that you can download here;

http://tv.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/samsung/shr1041.html

Try it and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

tried it and it still says invalid password XXXXX that is with admin on the top and password XXXXX the bottom . When i try to access it with my name on top it says current user cant be access .

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.
Did you download the manual?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i did and downloaded adobe but still couldnt open the manual

Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

Once you clicked on the button "get this manual" you have to give it 3 or 4 minutes to open.

Or you could right click on it and and choose "save target as" in the menu.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have downloaded it several times and every time i go to open it it goes back to the same thing asking if i want to save it or open or cancel
Expert:  Jack replied 4 years ago.

If you choose save it, the download will proceed and save the manual for future reference and once the download is completed it will ask you if you want to open it.

Or you could just choose open to see it and in the upper left corner of the adobe reader you will see an icon that looks like a diskette if you wish to save it from there.

As i said the download will take a few minutes.