Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

my nextar gps will not respond when I attempt to get into navigation

Customer Question

my nextar gps will not respond when I attempt to get into navigation mode.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer! I certainly understand your frustration... so do a few thousand other people, as the 43NT (and Nextar, in general) has become notorious for malfunctions such as this. Some send their units in to Nextar for repair... most do not. You see, soft and firmware inside the Nextar units are fairly volatile, so the chances of this being a non-hardware related issue are moderate. Though, my experience with Nextar units dictates this could be hard or software related. It's almost impossible to tell.

The news is not all bad, though... as you're not the only one to be disappointed by this lack of serviceability. To this downfall, Nextar has setup an exchange program... you send them your old GPS and about $80... and they'll send you a model Q4. You can read more about the exchange program here.

I hope I have been of assistance. If you are satisfied with my answer and feel you can leave me positive feedback, please click Accept. Otherwise, please let me know what else I can do for you.

If you are satisfied, there is no need to reply to this post. Doing so will only generate a request for me to reply.

It was my pleasure to serve you... thanks again for using JustAnswer!

Regards,