Joe
Joe , Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I have a Jensen VR185 radio in my RV and hlas quick working.

I have a Jensen VR185 radio in my RV and hlas quick working. It has power on both leds, but will not power up or anything. Got any ideas? Thanks Mike
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer!

Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer! Experts try to answer as quickly as possible, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by other customer, and how many Experts are online.

I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. Thank you for your patience, and if you receive a satisfactory answer from your Expert, please click the green “Accept” button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done.

Best,

Lindie-Moderator

Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your concern today.

So you have 12v on one of the yellow or red at all times and the other has 12v with ignition key on or switch on correct?

Next please check the black wire to make sure you have a good ground if those 3 are all fine then check the fuses if good then replace the radio as repair would cost much more then replacement.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have tried all of that, I thought someone would know where the fuse might be on a board inside the unit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: already tried ,as I said first thing, and was trying to keep from buying a new radio at $490.00.
already tried ,as I said first thing, and was trying to keep from buying a new radio at $490.00
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

The fuse is on the outside rear of the unit only. If the unit does nothing at all it is most likely in the power supply circuit. This is a more expensive one, jenson are cheap units and do break often, however this unit could cost you more to repair then replace, its not $490 anywhere I find all the ones I have located are under $300, http://salestores.com/jensenvr185a.html, the other problem is usually you cannot find parts for these models.

Otherwise I would also consider replacing with an aftermarket radio.

Most places will not even repair a jenson unit due to the cost and parts are not available.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, Mechanic
Experience: Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.