Aric, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.

I have TV with model TH-46PZ80U which I purchased Jan 2009 My

Customer Question

I have TV with model TH-46PZ80U which I purchased Jan 2009

My problem is TV wont turn ON.

It blink twice if I turn ON.
If I keep power button pressed for 10 sec (reset) - It starts blinking 10 times.

Can you please tell which part I need to replace.

thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Initially you can visually inspect the power board for shorted caps by looking for bulges or swelling at the top. If you can physically see an issue with the caps, then they can be sourced out and replaced using the UF rating as well as operating voltage.

Beyond this, if you have access to a multimeter you can further diagnose.

Take your meter and set it to DC voltage, place the positive probe on every connector that states a voltage (ex: 12VDC, or 12V B+), and place the negative probe to the panel, which will yield the best ground point. Turn the set "ON" and see if the required voltage is present at the VS, VA, V-scan, (which can be verified by the physical label on the board itself).

Additionally, if a voltage is not present on a board, then remove each board from the power supply to make sure they do not have a short which is keeping down the voltage from registering.

If you don't the required voltage (or at least a close reading), Then set the multi-meter to "OHMS" and follow the same procedure to ensure that no voltage is shorted to ground.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept". Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your response. In some other threads I have seen the same issue discussed. Panasonic blink is common issue and 2 blink or 10 blink means exactly which part is bad.

Can you let me know which part is bad by looking in panasonic service manual for that model.

That would be really helpful.

thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
I will opt out and see if another expert can help you.