Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!

I need help in connecting an Intellivision Game Console to

I need help in connecting an Intellivision Game Console to a cable ready TV. This game console was designed during the late 80's to connect to a TV with the flat wire UHF/VHF system. Is there a way to connect it directly to a cable ready TV, cable box, dvd or VHS player? If so, I will need a copy of a diagram. My email [email protected]

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer. Thanks for asking your question. I'm sorry to hear about your TV.

I had one of those! Astrosmash rules!

Now, mine was a UK model so exactly what do you have coming out the back of yours for connection to the TV because there were several different versions. Please be detailed - number of wires, connections etc.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Intellivision console has 1 fifteen foot switch box cable and the power cord plug-in.

Ok, so you have this wire for connection to the TV?

If that is the case, you need one of these $2 devices:

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can I use a splitter for the cable cord into the TV and the other outlet on the splitter to plug-in the cable with the adapter attached?

I don't see why not. That should work.