Aric, Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.
24739752

What is the remote control code for the Magnavox blu-ray disc

What is the remote control code for the Magnavox blu-ray disc player
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, It depends on the Universal remote that you are using. What is the make and model of the remote?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its the romote that comes with the Blu-ray player a Magnavox it has the MB826 on the bottom below the model name
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
What is the remote that you're trying to program? The one that comes with the player would not need to be programmed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its the one that comes with the Player its just not working any more we swicked the batterays thinking it was that but it is still doing nothing. So would i need to buy a new remote?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.

I see. We will need to first determine if the problem is with the remote or the IR sensor in the player itself.

IR or infrared light is normally not visible to the human eye. However IR signals can be visible through a digital camera viewfinder. You can use the viewfinder of a mobile digital camera, too. However some cameras seem to block IR range and IR may not be visible.

Problems with IR remote control or other IR interfaces like mobiles, laptops or printers with IR can be very difficult to diagnose.

1. First check the basics. If it's a battery-operated device, ensure that the batteries are fully charged.
  2. Check the contacts of the battery. Remove any rust or particles on the battery contacts.
  3. Turn on and point your camera to the IR emission area, usually identified by a dark red plastic area.
  4. Press any button on the remote. If the IR device is a mobile, try sending a business card via IR.
  5. If the IR device is working, you'll find the light being emitted from the IR LED, usually with a blue tinge.

If the IR interface is not working, you'll not find any light being emitted. You can check any button on the remote by pressing the button and watching it on the camera.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well if i swich to a universal remote from cable america and the code under the modle is UR5U-8720L-CA would i be able to sinc the dvd player to the remote and if so what would be the code that i need?
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, If you determine that it is the Magnavox remote that is faulty, then you would be able to find codes listed for the Cable America remote in the manual that will come with their remote. It would be under DVD codes in the back of the manual.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience troubleshooting and repairing electronics. Owner of A/V installation and repair business.