John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I have a garmin gpsmap 498 which I am getting a blank white

Customer Question

I have a garmin gpsmap 498 which I am getting a blank white screen with 0ft flashing when trying to use the fish/depth finder page. I have replaced the power data cable and transducer with no luck. Is this something wrong in the unit itself? Can it be repaired fairly cheap?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 6 years ago.

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
2. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully
3. the question may be unclear

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

JustAnswer Moderator
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would hope that because you did not help to solve my problem that you will not be charging me $18