Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Radio Shack MD-1800 (Casio interior) and the F and

Customer Question

I have a Radio Shack MD-1800 (Casio interior) and the F and A keys cause multiple keys to sound.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 6 years ago.

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What's not to understand? The F and A keys on my RadioShack MD-1800 with a Casio interior cause multiple keys to play when any F or A key is depressed.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
How long has the unit done this for? Also, was the unit in storage for any length of time prior to this happening?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Started out one day two months ago and was not in storage but used everyday.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
It's most likely dirt or grime that's stuck on the key contacts inside the unit causing more than one note fo play when the key is depressed. Have you tried a contact cleaner or other type of solution to cure this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the answer, but it only occurs on each and every F key and A key. It would be indeed wierd that grime would only accumulate under the seven F keys and seven A keys!
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
Okay understood. Then it's most likely that the processing for notes in the keyboard is malfunctioning. This would likely entail replacing either the processing chip, or one or more input caps which may be shorted. Let me ask you this first, did it start and then just keep doing it, or was the problem intermittent?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Initially, it was intermittent and then is started and just kept doing it. I tried all the resets mentioned in the onboard scroll down, but nothing corrected it. Ironically, I have the same problem with my other keyboard which is also a Casio WK 1630.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
I've never heard of this issue happening and also cannot find any information on it. I will Opt Out and open the question to other experts.