iMayne
iMayne, Technician
Experience:  5 years dealing with Electronic devices and Computer related programs and hardware.
35350238

I have a garmin nuvi 550. In an effort to delete some geocache

I have a garmin nuvi 550. In an effort to delete some geocache files, it appears that I deleted some software files. What can I do. Also how do I delete old geocache files.

I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer. :)

Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:

1. the question may be unclear
2. the question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately
3. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully

Please feel free to re-word your question or add additional information you might feel helpful for the Experts to assist you.
If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
JustAnswer Moderator
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Gina

My question was simple. I know that I have to go online for the program to delete old geocaches that I have downloaded onto my Garmin nuvi 550. I do not know what the website is to do that. Secondly I accidently deleted some files that were vital to the 550. Do I need to send the unit to someone for reinstall of those files or is it something that can be done on the internet? I have asked you those two questions twice already. You have not sent me an answer. Send answer via email!

Hello

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

What problems are you experiencing? Will the Nuvi boots up?

Regards,
iMayne
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
As I asked before, do I need to send the unit in so the files can be replaced and what www. address do I go to delete old geocache files.
Ok

You will need to connect your nuvi to your computer then navigate to:

Garmin\GPX Folder then delete all files ending in GPX.

If you are on a Mac, you must emply the trash.

Regards,
iMayne

Edited by iMayne on 6/22/2010 at 4:28 PM EST
iMayne, Technician
Experience: 5 years dealing with Electronic devices and Computer related programs and hardware.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Garmin Nuvi reads upon startup "system software missing" Do I need to send the unit in? Where do I send it?