JHawk
JHawk , Engineer
Experience:  Low voltage electrical enginering, field electronics trouble shooting, installation and service.
33525105

what does error code 0010 Scan Motor on the roland proII sc540

Customer Question

what does error code 0010 Scan Motor on the roland proII sc540 printer cutter mean or scan motor error code 0080
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  JHawk replied 6 years ago.
According to Roland Service this is a scan motor deviation error. Roland recommends turning off the power, then clear any media jam that may have occurred, then turn the printer back on. You can also try to clean the encoder strip with an alcohol swab. If this does not help, it can mean that the printers carriage location needs to be re calibrated. If you have already tried this or if the error continues, Roland recommends that you contact your local Roland Service Center. Also, be sure to ask the Roland tech, and see if this is something they can talk you through over the phone to avoid the full service call...

If you found my information to be helpful, please select the "ACCEPT" answer button now. This is the only way I receive compensation for my time helping you. You will not be charged more than what you have already paid by accepting my answer.

Thank you,

Jeff

Edited by JHawk on 6/16/2010 at 11:44 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I re calibrate?
Expert:  JHawk replied 6 years ago.
Roland recommends to have a Roland tech recalibrate the device, the 0010 code is showing that there is resistance in the carriage tracking and causing the printer to pull too far or possibly does not have enough room to make the movements needed.