GadgetGuru
GadgetGuru, Engineer
Experience:  15 yrs in Consumer Electronics
36856233

I have the Bose 3-2-1. Just got Direct TV. I need the code

I have the Bose 3-2-1. Just got Direct TV. I need the code for my remote. Please help. I really like the Bose System. Thanks Debbie
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GadgetGuru replied 4 years ago.
Hi Debbie, thank you for using Just Answer and let me compliment you on your Bose system selection. I am a huge fan of Bose. Here are all the possible codes currently from Bose available for Direct TV. Unfortunately you will need to try them one at a time. 1377, 0639, 0247, 0724, 1076, 1109, 1442, 1609, 0392, 0566, 1639, 1142, 0749, 1749, 0819, 1856, 1108, 0099, 1392, 1414, 1443, 1444, 1640. Of course if those do not work you can always call Bose at 1-800-278-1281 for support. If you need further assistance please let me know. You can always ask a question related to this topic after clicking accept. Please click accept and consider leaving positive feedback. Also, bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Michael
Just for kicks I am adding in the remote program procedure in case you need it handy.

With your CBL•SAT, VCR, or other component turned on, follow these steps.
1. In the Device Codes list, find the codes for the type and brand of your component, which you have.
2. On the 3•2•1 remote, press and hold the button for this component for several seconds. Wait until the red light at the top of the remote turns on.
3. Enter the device code for your component. The light turns off briefly as you press each key.
4. Make sure the light turns off completely after all digits are entered.
If the light blinks instead of turning off, the code is invalid. Return to step 2 and try a different code for your component.
5. Point the 3•2•1 remote at your component and press the On/ Off button for this source. Use the 3•2•1 remote to turn the component on again and to skip forward by pressing channel up or down.
If it performs both operations, this code is correct. If this code does not work, repeat steps 2-5 using a different code for your component. If you need further assistance please let me know. You can always ask a question related to this topic after clicking accept. Please click accept and consider leaving positive feedback. Also, bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry but we need a five digit code. The system we have in the picture looks like a 3-2-1. It's got the big bose speaker and two little ones. We have just looked at the CD for bose i think i gave you the wrong name. The name isXXXXX II. I hope i have confused you cause i'm truly confused.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Did you get my reply regarding 5 digits?

Yes, I think I understand. Let me research this and I will get back to you shortly. Thank you. Michael.
No worries, please follow these steps to fix your issue using these possible codes. Unfortunately there is more with this setup: 01377, 00392, 00566, 00639, 01639, 01142, 00247, 00749, 01749, 01856, 01076, 00099, 01109, 01414, 01442, 01443, 01444, 01609, 01640, 00739, 02033, 01076

Setting the remote.

1. Press and hold Setup on the remote until all five source buttons light up.
2. Press the desired source button. Only the source button you select will remain lit.
3. On the remote keypad, enter the first device code for your brand of SAT box.
4. Check that the source button blinks twice and turns off after the code is entered.
5. Point the remote at your device and press source button you selected On-Off. If your unit does not respond, go back to Step 1 and try another code.
Note: During programming, the five source buttons will flash rapidly three times if you press an invalid key or enter an unavailable device code. If this happens, go back to Step 1 and start over.
If you need further assistance please let me know. You can always ask a question related to this topic after clicking accept. Please click the green accept button below and consider leaving positive feedback. Also, bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. Michael
Hi there again Debbie, thank you for reviewing my second answer. Is there anything further I can assist with related to this question? If not, kindly click accept below and please leave positive feedback if my service has been deserving. Bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thank you and have a great night. Michael.

Edited by GadgetGuru on 6/14/2010 at 3:41 AM EST
GadgetGuru, Engineer
Experience: 15 yrs in Consumer Electronics