Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Our Pioneer VSX-519V receiver wont turn on. It was working

Our Pioneer VSX-519V receiver won't turn on. It was working until it was moved a little during cleaning. The inside fuse is OK and the on/off switch is OK. We think it has turned itself off for some reason and we can't figure out how to turn it back on.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.

Try disconnecting everything else from the unit and also unplug it from AC power for 60 minutes. At this point simply plug the AC back into the unit and see if it turn on. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK, I tried that but it still doesn't work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.
Does it have the Red Standby Light lit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nothing lit up.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.

To reset the lockup on your Pioneer receiver, press and hold ENTER + VIDEO2 for 3 seconds and hopefully this will allow it to operate properly.

If this doesn't work, then it's very likely that the unit had a static charge or other issue when being moved, and is in need of service. I can send you the contact info for Pioneer's service center locator if you'd like.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can't find VIDEO2 on the unit or the remote. Would some other combination work?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.

Sorry about that. That was the only documented reset that Pioneer had, and it was for earlier models that would shut off and only display MCACC flashing on the display. There are no documented solutions for the problem you are having.

They will often experience this behavior if there is a short internally, and the unit is protecting itself. You'll need to send the unit to an Authorized Service Center for them to diagnose and fix the problem. I can send you the contact info for their Service Centers if you'd like.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Please send us Authorized Service Center information. Thanks,
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.

Hello, Here is the link to the Pioneer Service Center Locator. You can use the fields on the right of the page to get locations, or also call them at the number listed below:

For General Service & Support

call 1-800-421-1404