Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience:  FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems
14090506

My Garmin, a nuvi 765, Serial No. 10R-024462 was working fine

My Garmin, a nuvi 765, Serial No. 10R-024462 was working fine on a recient trip. However, on the way back, the set up was fine but it would not acquire the satellites. This unit is just over one year old. Any ideas as to what the touble could be?

Thanks, David
Hi David,

Have you applied any of the Garmin updates to the nuvi since you have had it? If not, you should, as Garmin provides software updates to the operating system for symptoms like this. You need to go to this web site and download the Garmin WebUpdater program. Install it on your computer - first - before connecting the Garmin.

Once installed, connect the Garmin and start the program, this will apply any updates to the operating system and should correct your problem. Sometimes, when an update is applied, you will need to do a system reset - and allow at least 15-30 minutes for satellites to reacquire.

Thanks,