Edward, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Technician for 40+ years. Electronics has been my hobby for 50+ years.

I was given a Symphonic Holiday Lowrey Magic Genie Organ. Its

I was given a Symphonic Holiday Lowrey Magic Genie Organ. It's beautiful but I can't get it to turn on. I looked in the back and can't find where it would have fuses, or even the turn on/off switch to be replaced. Can you help me?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

Capacitor is very common on this organ. Start by checking the capacitros near where the power cord is connected.

Click here if you wish to purchase the service manual for this orgen.

Click here to view the brochure for this organ.

Do you have a volt/ohm meter?

Can you send images of the inside of the organ?

Answer these questions and I will continue.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there more than one way to turn it on? Is there a book or manual on repairing or trouble shooting? maybe pictures to show what they are talking about?
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

The on off switch on the front of the organ is the only way to turn it on. I suspect the capacitors in the power supply being defective has caused a fuse to open and that is why it will not turn on. The service manual that I provided the link for has the trouble shooting and repair information in it. The service manual normally has pictures and drawings in addition to the schematics. I have searched through my database and on the net for the owner's manual but could not find any.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

PLEASE do not accept if you feel this has not answered your question. I will gladly opt out and open this to other experts if you wish.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you can leave positive feedback. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.
Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Using the opt out feature. Once a customer opts out the expert, that expert cannot respond to any other post that may be made in the post. Please make sure you no longer wish the expert to have the ability to reply to you before using the opt out feature, The customer can asks the expert to opt out, This will open the question to all experts in the category, prompting them to reply if they have a different information.