romr2009
romr2009, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control
24179821

I am installing a Jensen AWM970 stereo in my RV. I am trying

I am installing a Jensen AWM970 stereo in my RV. I am trying to hook up wires and don't know where to attatch the pink wire from the Jensen. It is the 12v trigger wire. What wire would that attach to on my trailer? Currently, the yellow and red wires from the Jensen are attached to a white/purple power wire from the trailer which is split. The other half of the purple/white wire is just white and is connected to a black ground wire.
Thank you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  romr2009 replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

• The pink wire is only used to automatically turn on other components (power amp, antenna, etc.) when the AWM970 is turned on.
  • It does not cause buzzing sounds.
  • More likely you need a better ground to the battery.
  • The yellow wire is for memory.
  • The red connects to a switched (accessory) power source.

Please click the ACCEPT button to release your deposit so I will be paid my commission. You can also come back to this same question later for follow-up. Thanks.

Romr
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK,

So the black ground wire from the Jensen that is connected to the white (half of purple/white) trailer wire is not grounded properly? Any suggestions for a ground wire connect?

Expert:  romr2009 replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

• Is the Jensen in your RV or is it in a trailer connected to your RV?
  • Do not use the trailer wiring to connect sensitive electronics.
  • If the Jensen is in the same vehicle as the battery, connect the ground wire to bare metal in the RV using a self-tapping ground screw available at auto parts/electrical outlets or Home Depot.

Romr
romr2009, Electronics Engineer
Experience: 32 years practical systems experience: computer/phone, automotive, appliance, & electrical control