Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

my ps3 turns itself completely off. no lights. no power. nothing.

Customer Question

my ps3 turns itself completely off. no lights. no power. nothing. its only 1 1/2 years old. i'm an adult, no children have ever even touched it. the game will not eject cuz it wont stay on long enough. what should i do?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for posting in just answer.

Can you please tell me whether your Ps3 works normally for sometime and then turns off automatically or doesn't starts at all.

thanking you!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sometimes it will work for about 5 minutes. most of the time it wont power up at all.
Thanks for replying.
Can you eject now.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
??? you didnt tell me what to do.
thanks for posting in Just answer. follow the steps below - Press the power button of ps3 till you hear a beep noise,keep the power button still pressed for a second beep.Then leave the button.Then you will see screen will come up .

tell me whether this solved or not other wise I will tell you another solution.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries.

with regards!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this does not work. the ps3 turns off right away. red light. push power. green light comes on and goes off immediately with the beep.
Thanks for replying.
I just had a chat with Sony and he told that the problem is that your PS3 is cracking the BGA solder under the PS3 cell and rsx processors.The solution is that you need to reflow these components .For that you need to have some soldering skills,If you want to do it yourself Please let me know I wil provide you the step by step process of how to fix it.

thanking you!
with regards!

I will be grateful to you for leaving a positive feedback.

Edited by MD Sadique on 3/15/2010 at 7:48 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, i would like to do it myself.
Thanks for replying.Please click the link below or copy and paste this link in your browser to see the step by step video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU&feature=player_embedded

and then this link for the next part- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1zyAGwnuU&feature=related.

Thanking you!
If you still have problems in fixing reply me I will sens you the written step by step guide.

with regards!

I will be grateful to you for leaving a positive feedback