Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Magnavox TB110MW9, stuck in RF OUT/Analog mode

Customer Question

I have a Magnavox TB110MW9 DTV Digital to Analog Converter. It was set to RF OUT (analog) by accident, and now I can't get any kind of display to switch it back to digital. The manual says to tune the TV to CH 3 and hold the Setup button on the Converter's remote for 3 seconds. This doesn't do anything. Please help, thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Is there a coaxial patchcord (RF cable) connected from the ANT OUT of the Magnavox to the ANT IN terminal of the TV? This should be in addition to the AV cables.

Good luck and thank you for asking JustAnswer.

Edited by Benimur on 2/27/2010 at 12:55 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The current setup is a RF cable connecting the ANT OUT of the Magnavox to the ANT IN of the TV, and an antenna connected to the ANT IN of the Magnavox. There are no other cables (AV, etc) connected at this time.
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
I understand.

Have you tried connecting the DTV digital to analog converter using the yellow, white & red AV cables? (If AV jacks are available on the TV).

Alternately/additionally, have you tried unplugging the Magnavox for an extended period of time, say an hour or so? The idea is to force the unit to revert to factory defaults allowing fresh setup.

Should neither of the above be corrective, then the TB110MW9 has faulted internally.

Edited by Benimur on 2/27/2010 at 6:06 PM EST
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I unpluged the Magnavox over night and turned it on this morning. It showed as a black screen for a few seconds then the TV went back to static.

I don't have a two-way AV cable at my disposal at the moment, but I'll if that a try when I find one.

I have a feeling that it's an internal problem with the Magnavox at this point, though.

Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
On these products, it would be more practical to replace rather than repair.

Appreciate the update and the ACCEPT.