Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

Hello, I have a Panasonic Model SB-WA720 Active Sub-woofer

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Panasonic Model SB-WA720 Active Sub-woofer that a friend gave me with the interface cable, but not the receiver! I have a Yamaha Receiver Amp, is there a wat to make the sub work, or and adapter to buy or something......
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  The Electronics guy replied 6 years ago.

Hi

welcome to Just answer

I have few questions for

Can you read power on each of these two devices and the resistance and let me know. Also what output connectors does each of the tow device have? Can you give the model of the Yamaha receiver amp.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi There, I did not realize you sent me a message back as it took so long. My Active - Sub is a Panasonic, Model SB-WA720 120v, 340W, 60HZ. This sub was originally intigrated to a Pansonic receiver with a pin cable, My receiver Amp is a Yamaha Cinema Display Model RX-V465, it is a Tuner Amp for Surround Sound. Thank you
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

No I am sorry but there is absolutly no way to connect that sub to that receiver, that sub uses a specific cable that attaches it to the panasonic receiver its called a catch up cable then all other speakers attach to that sub, you can however buy a powered sub off of ebay.com for under $100 that will suit your needs! That sub will only work with certain Panasonic receivers it will not work with any other brand.

If you need further assistance I will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by ALL AROUND TECH on 2/17/2010 at 4:59 PM EST