Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

I have a Sentry home safe , model 1610. I forgot the combination.

I have a Sentry home safe , model 1610. I forgot the combination. How do I cvlear ir and set a new combinationm?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.

Hi there and welcome.

There is no easy way. Please read the following.

If you need your combination and did not previously Register Your Combination on our website, you may request your combination from our Customer Care team. Please send a notarized letter stating you are the owner of the safe. (Note: the owner?s last name must be different from that of the notary public). For locations that require a raised notary seal, use a pencil to shade the seal to insure that it is visible when faxed. The notarized letter needs to include:

1. Your name, address and phone number.
  2. The model number and serial number from your safe. The serial number is XXXXX found on the front of the door, lower right corner on a small sticker; the right outside wall of your safe; or under the keypad/dial on the front of safe.
  3. Please indicate how you?d like to receive your combination. Options include first class mail, e-mail or fax. Your letter must clearly indicate which method you are choosing to receive your combination, as well as the mailing address, e-mail address, or fax number to which it should be sent. Note that failure to indicate the method in which your combination should be returned to you will result in delays to the process.
  4. Payment Method for the $15 (US funds) research fee
    • By Mail: Send a check or money order (payable to Sentry Group).
    • By Fax: Please allow 48 hours for processing of your notarized statement. Please do not include your credit card information on the fax; a specialist will contact you at the phone number provided on your faxed request to take your payment. We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover or American Express. If you would prefer to pay by money order, indicate that you are attaching a copy of a money order with your notarized letter. The original money order must then be mailed to Sentry Group. Please note, for all requests received after 5:00 pm EST, they will be processed the following business day.
  5. Special Circumstances
    • In the event you need to open the safe after the owner is deceased, your notarized letter will also need to include that you are now the owner or executor of the estate and need access to the safe. You must also include a copy of the death certificate.
    • If you hold Power of Attorney for the safe owner and need to access the safe, your notarized letter will also need to include that you are acting on behalf of the safe owner. You will need to include a complete copy of the Power of Attorney documentation to confirm that you have the authorization to act on their behalf in this type of circumstance.

Please note: Your combination will be sent to you within 48 business hours of receipt of both the notarized document and payment.

Requests should be sent to:

By Mail:
Sentry Group
Department 200XXXXXbr />Rochester, NY 14625

By Fax:
1-585-381-2940
Attention: Customer Care

I will be here if you need more help, info or have a follow up comment or question.

Only if you no longer need assistance, please click the ACCEPT button on the right.

It is the ONLY way I get paid for my work. Please also consider a BONUS. Thanks.

Steve G., Engineer
Experience: VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!