Mike D.
Mike D., Hobbyist
Experience:  Avid electronic hobbyist. I enjoy fixing all types of electronic devices.
26730344

I have two Casio cash registers, PCR 260B and a PCR 255. Both

Customer Question

I have two Casio cash registers, PCR 260B and a PCR 255. Both are now locked up with an error code of E94. The little bit of literature that I do have says it is a printer error. Paper is not jammed. The little thing that goes back and forth to print the receipt is all the way over to the left and seems to be stuck there. Thanks for your help!!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike D. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

This indicates a printing error. If the printer spins at turn on, then gives the error, it will most likely need the printer repaired. This is a common problem with this printer.

You can also try the following to clear the error:

1. Remove the battery back-up and replace.
2. Use compressed gas duster to clean the register.

Please reply if you need further assistance with your question.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was able to clear the error code on the first register by doing something I found elsewhere on the internet. FYI, I unplugged the register, removed the batteries, waited a few minutes, replaced batteries, plugged it in, turned key to off position, held down "feed" key, turned key to "PRG", released "feed" button, turned key to "reg". That cleared the error code and the register is working fine but this didn't work on the other register. Both had the same error code and the same symptoms even though they are different models. I have to go shopping and pick up some compressed gas to try that and see if it does anything.
Expert:  Mike D. replied 6 years ago.
Let me know how if that works.