AnswermanRob, Electronic Jack Of All Trades
Experience:  FCC License w/Radar Endorsement, 5 yrs of experience teaching aviation electronics, 20yrs total exp

I have Uniden Dect 6.0. This morning the phone worked fine.

I have Uniden Dect 6.0. This morning the phone worked fine. This afternoon I can't get my voice mail and do not get auto message to enter in my password. When I try to call out I get a dial tone then the phone goes silent. If I get an incoming phone call I press talk but again I hear only silence. I went to an outside payphone and called your service. I was told to disconnect my battery and reconnect with no chance in phone service. I am an accute asthmatic and need my phone should I need medical help. Your help is greatly accpreciated.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  AnswermanRob replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

You may want to try to reset the unit. To do this, unplug the phone base from the wall for 30 seconds (make sure you unplug both the phone and power cords). If this doesn't correct it, your unit has failed and you should purchase a new one. Is it less than a year old?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This phone is less than one year old. I cannot believe a phone this "young" can have this many problems.
I totally agree. We don't get many complaints about that particular phone here.

If the reset doesn't work, contact Uniden for a replacement. That phone should carry the one year warranty. The contact information can be found below.

Have a great day.