James, Technician
Experience:  4 Years as a Audio Visual Service Engineer

How to hook up a Play Station 3 to my Phillips TV Van I hook

Customer Question

How to hook up a Play Station 3 to my Phillips TV? Van I hook it up to stream Netflix movies to it?
Model number 51PP9910/17
Serial# XXXXX?
I bought the floor model at the time, the original remote was lost, and it was replaced with a SonyRM-V202 universal remote by the store.

Thank You

Katalin [email protected]
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

Sounds like you just need to reset the video output of your PS3. You'll need to plug your Video and Audio cables into the back of the TV and then set the TV to the corresponding AV input. Once you have done this, you can then reset the video output of the PS3 :

1. Turn off the power to your PS3
  2. Turn it back on again
  3. Whilst turning it on hold down the power button until you see something on the screen.

This will completely reset the video output of your PlayStation 3 to the factory default output, once done you can then go into the PlayStation 3's video settings and configure them to your liking.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry! does not work!!!!
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Ah, sounds like you just need to change the input of your TV to the input that you have plugged the playstation into.

You'll need to press the AV button on your remote control and then choose the input that you have the playstation plugged into.

Edited by James on 1/10/2010 at 8:03 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No! The guy from the PS3 told me, that mt PS3 is a lemon! It is under warranty, so it will be replaced.
As of now, nothing seem to be wrong with my TV. It is a faulty PS3.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How much I owe for this answer? I still have no connection, no PS3.