NeOh
NeOh , Engineer
Experience:  B.tech in Electronics and communication engineering
15563787

Hi, I have a XV-DVR9H player in my home video set. Can the

Customer Question

I have a XV-DVR9H player in my home video set. Can the firmware of the DVD-player being upgraded and so how and to what level?

Regards,
Customer
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  NeOh replied 6 years ago.

Inorder to get the firmware uppdate please contact your local Pioneer organisation ( http://www.pioneer-eur.com/contact ) - to request a "Software Update Disc".

The disc will be sent to you shortly after.

These are the Update instructions

1. Turn on the player, and open the disc tray

2. Put the Software Update Disc on the tray, and close the tray

3. A screen will be displayed inviting you to push the "play" button to start the update

4. The player will load the data, and the tray will open again. It is safe to remove the Software Update Disc from the tray now. Leave the tray open.

5. Wait until the update process finishes and the Pioneer logo is shown on the screen. The update process will complete in less than 5 minutes.

Attention: DO NOT unplug the power cable or turn off the player during the update process.

Thanks

Shidhin

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Shidin,

This answer is somewhat poor as may be my question. Nevertheless it seems very obvious, at least to me, that I want to upgrade the firmware. This answer is in terms of apply power and push the power-on button and not worth this money.

The deal: the disk you refer to, will not be released, the dvd-player inside is a DVR-107-XA for which, even from the Japanese site, no real firmware is provided. Don't be fooled, firmware upgrade DVRA07XLA_FW122.EXE does noy work. Latest level should be 1.22 I've got 1.16. At least show some determination and pop up a firmware site holding either the iso-image or the firmware or send it to me directly.

Regards,

Customer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
There is a mismatch between the answer provided and my expectations. Given the €37 bonus, my own ICT business, my own degree in information technology I did not expect an answer in terms of "connect to the power and switch the damned thing on". I asked Shidhin to stick in a little more effort in his answer, he doesn't respond and is silencing me.