Rod , Systems Engineer
Experience:  FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems
14090506

How do I re-register my Moms kindle to my kindle so that we

Customer Question

How do I re-register my Mom's kindle to my kindle so that we can share books?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Your Amazon Kindle account is only registered to one Kindle, and only that Kindle can use the books in your account/archive. You cannot share books between the Kindles.

If you mean, you now have your Mom's Kindle and you want it for your Kindle account, you will need to deregister your Mom's Kindle from her Amazon account and the register it with your account - but each account can only have one Kindle.

Does this help? Let me know if you have any follow up questions or clarifications.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I deregister my Mom's kindle under my account?
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

The Kindle your Mom has, is under your account, is this correct? When you order books, they show up in your Amazon account?

Is this a Kindle-2 or orignial Kindle?

Thanks,

Edited by Rod on 12/24/2009 at 4:21 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The Kindle Mom has is under her account. The Kindle I have is under my account. I want to re-register Mom's Kindle under my account. Step by step, how do I do this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Step by step, please explain how I re-register Mom's Kindle 2 to my Kindle account.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Step by step, please describe how I re-register Mom's Kindle2 to my Kindle2 account.
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Are both the Kindle's Kindle-2's?

Thanks,
Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

Your mom will need to go into her Amazon account, and under Manage my Kindle, deregister it.

Then you go to your Amazon Account and register her kindle under your account.

Books on your Mom's account, already on the Kindle will remain there, but when/if they are deleted, they will be removed and no longer available. Any books you have in your account, will be available on both Kindles. Any books you have on your account, that is not on your Mom's Kindle, will show up under archive and will sync to the Kindle if you select the book title under Archive.

You will want to keep the Whispher Net (radio) off, if one syncs their Kindle and is reading the same book ahead of the other, the book marks will advance to the "fastest" reader. Also, if one deletes a book on one Kindle, it will be deleted on the other when a sync is done - although the books will remain in your account under archive.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Dear JustAnswer,

Your response to my simple question was of no use to me. What a waste of $18.00 and I give you and your service a "thumbs down" fraudlent advertising greedy misleading experience.

I have no intention of paying or recommending you.

Expert:  Rod replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer

I'm sorry my instructions were not helpful to you. I will opt out. You can request a refund.

Thanks,