Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience:  FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems
14090506

How do hook up my Dvd/video player to my tv. I have a cable

How do hook up my Dvd/video player to my tv. I have a cable box that my tv is hooked up to now.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

How do you have the cable box connected to the TV now? A lot depends on how you want to use the DVD unit (is it a recordable unit, do you want to record programs)?

Also, a lot depends on what connections are available for the TV, Cable Box, and the TV. Let me know how you want to use the device, and the makes and models of all the equipment. For the cable box, what output connectors does it have and what is not being used - your cable company and cable box model would be helpful, but we do not have access to all technical information for some of them.

Thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my cable co. is Charter Comm.

the cable goes from the cable outlet to the cable box. another cable goes from the box to the tv.

the dvr player has two cables that connect to the electrical outlet. i would like to be able to play and record but will be happy right now to just be able to view movies.

thanks.

Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

I can help you better with the make and model number of the TV - but I will try this first. The DVD player will have RCA outputs (Three connectors with a Yellow - video, Red & White - audio) connectors. If your TV has the same "input" connectors on the back - you can connect the output of the DVD unit to the input of the TV and watch the DVDs on the TV, by selecting "Source, Input, or TV/Video" on the remote - that depends on the TV make and model. The input with the three RCA connects is usually labeled AV or AV1, AV2, etc (depends on the model).

That is the simplelest way without knowing the make and model number of the TV and the available connections or model number of the cable box.

Thanks,
Rod, Systems Engineer
Experience: FCC Commercial Licenses, BSCS, ASEET, 40+years Electronics & Communication Systems
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a new vizio tv
Expert:  Rod replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer

There are many different models of Vizio TV's - if its new it will have the connections I mentioned earlier, if you need detailed instructions I will need the complete model number.

Thanks,