Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a Pioneer vsx-d307 stereo console that is stuck in mute

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer vsx-d307 stereo console that is stuck in mute and I do not have a remote. I fixed it once before but cannot remember how I did it. How do you unmute without a remote?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  AnswermanRob replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

According to the documentation I have, if you unplug the unit for 30 seconds and plug it back in, it should reset.

Have a good weekend,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've tried that and it didn't work.

Does the readout actually indicate mute or there just isn't any sound?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The display says -muting-
That's all I can find in my documentation. No mention of pressing any combination of buttons. Would you like me to locate a replacement remote?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No on the remote. I ordered one from remotecontrolsinc about a year and a half ago. It should be here any day.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 years ago.

A year and a half ago?? Oh man. Sorry to hear that. You could also use a One-For-All basic Universal remote to control the muting function. Try this, instead of simply unplugging the unit for 30 seconds, some units take longer to factory reset and power may need to be unplugged for up to 60 minutes. The other Expert definitely knows his stuff, but it would'nt hurt to try unplugging the unit for a bit longer to see if this clears the issue up. Let me know how it turns out.

If this answer helps solve your problem, please click "Accept".