Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.

my lg bd390 dvd player produces no disk or check disk when

my lg bd390 dvd player produces "no disk" or "check disk" when a dvd is inserted.
these dvd's work in my computer
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.

If you put a music cd in will it work fine?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does play the 3 music cd's that i tried. It is now playing most dvd
videos. It wasn't before. It is not able to play most blue ray discs.
It may connect with one out of 5. It will give a check disk or no disc.
I have tried to play the Star Trek Dvd. It never can. Always check disk.
I am able though to play the same Star Treck on my computer with no problem.
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.

Ok, if it plays ALL cd's and dvd's ok but only has a problem with SOME blu-ray then this MAYBE a normal problem where blu-ray is still new and the newer blu-ray disks will not play on some blu-ray players, however first check the manufacture (lg) lewsite for any software/firmware updates and perform any needed and see if this cures the problem. If not then use a cd/dvd cleaning disk or manually clean the laser eye with a micro fiber cloth or q-tip.

If you need further assistance I will be glad to help you.

Thanks,

Joe

Please note: The money you paid was just a deposit when you opened the question, the only way the experts get paid is when you are satisfied with an answer to click the accept button and then the expert gets paid out of that deposit you have already placed on this site for this question. If you are happy with the correct answer and are satisfied then please click the accept button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
up untill a few days ago, the system played all blue ray disks. Never a problem. I did clean with a radio shack DVD. I have all
LG BD390 updates.
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.

The other most common problem and most likely problem in this case is the eyes start to fail this way to start, the laser eye will need to be replaced in that case unless there is a software problem, there are many problems that start as soon as a new update is installed and are correct with the next update however if this is not related then replacing the laser eye would be the most likely problem given the problems.

-Joe

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This did not solve my problem.
I found that the unit is now reading Dvds and Blue Ray Dvds without a problem. I have no idea why.
Expert:  Joe replied 4 years ago.
This is how the laser eye starts to fail, eventually it will not read any disc anymore. Yes as you noticed sometimes they all of a sudden work again however take note that the eye will still fail.
Joe, Mechanic
Experience: Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.