techguy, Technician
Experience:  17+ years in electronics

Hi, I have used my yamaha rx-v795a receiver without problem

Customer Question

Hi, I have used my yamaha rx-v795a receiver without problem for the past 14 years. Lately, It has been turning off soon after it is turned on. I checked all of my speaker hook ups for possible shorts, and all terminal plug ins as well as impedence selector setting. Although this is an older receiver I prefer to keep it. Is it worth bringing in for a repair or do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks Brad
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  techguy replied 6 years ago.

You have posession of an extremely nice piece of vintage gear; it would definitely be worth fixing.

It acts as if the output stage has a short in it, causing protective action. This is not uncommon after that many years of service.

Also, try unplugging, and plugging back in after 2 minutes; sometimes this will reset the protective circuitry. Thanks!

Edited by techguy on 11/14/2009 at 7:28 PM EST
Expert:  techguy replied 6 years ago.
If this helps, please click accept, thanks!