techguy
techguy, Technician
Experience:  17+ years in electronics
18100468

My 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave Oven Type S333 Model

Customer Question

My 1200W Panasonic Inverter Microwave Oven Type S333 Model No. NN-S740BAW F Serial No. 6H90251865 comes on when I open the door. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue. If not, is this an expensive repair (i.e. just junk the unite) or, can I have this problem taken care of with a resonable repair bill (under $100 or so)? I live in San Antonio TX.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  techguy replied 4 years ago.

You have a problem that would be easy to address.

Thre are a couple of micro-interlock swithes that enable

or disable the unit; ready for power when the door is shut,

disabled from power when the door is open.

Try the most obvious, and spray some contact cleaner

in the opening where you can see these small interlocks,

usually in the unit's door jamb, at the microwave, near the right edge.

Quickly, before the contact cleaner dries, try opening and closing the door several

times to work the cleaner into the contacts.

If this doesn't work, it should be a repair that would be straight forward.

I would charge about $100; shop around, different shops; you may even get it

fixed yourself!

Best of luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was my understanding that I would get the

Im I correct or incorrect in my understanding that I can have my microwave repaired by you and have the $48 I am sending you by pressing ACCEPT applied towards the repair?

If I am correct, How do I get my microwave to you?

Expert:  techguy replied 4 years ago.

I apologize for the miscommunication. I was stating that if I were in your locality, about $100 is what I'd charge, to let you know that's probably less than a lot of other places in your locality may charge to fix it. They may give you a price break if you have some one help you bring it in to the shop, if my ideas above don't help. The best thing, would be to

look on Craigslist.org, and look uner skilled services, for San Antonio. I advertise there in my area.

Again, my apologies, thank you!

Edited by techguy on 11/14/2009 at 6:46 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That proves it. I'm an idiot!

Expert:  techguy replied 4 years ago.

I'm glad you're exploring all your options, thank you for being so inquisitive.

Please let me know if there is anything in particular I can help with, thanks.