Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

Lost my Manual for A Coleman PMJ8960 Jumpstart System. How

Customer Question

Lost my Manual for A Coleman PMJ8960 Jumpstart System. How come it won't start my car with a dead battery with a fully charged Powermate? How do I recharge it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 6 years ago.

One of a few reasons, the battery has a bad cell or is so weak a jump box will not help, the unit says charged but is not charging correctly, these units are known to show charged however they go bad over time and you dont know it most times untill it will not jump a car anymore, or the last reason there is a mechanical problem with the car......

If you are asking about re-charging the jump box it has a power cord that plugs into a wall outlet or 12vdc cigar lighter in a car, the car battery needs to be charged with a battery charger and load tested.

Thanks,

Joe