Andy , Electronics & Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yrs exp. MS Electrical Engg., Design Engineer, SEO, Cust. support, Marketing.
16465236

My Kindle wont take a charge. The charger wont s

My Kindle won't take a charge. The charger won't stay in the port (keeps falling out) and when its in no charging takes place. It now says that my battery is empty and that to continue using my Kindle I should connect to a power source. But when I do that, nothing occurs. Please let me know what I need to do. This is a new Kindle, just a few weeks out of the box. Thanks.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hello !!

I have moved this question to Electronics category.

Now, if the Kindle does not take charge, does it still turns on or not ?

Where did you buy it from

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No. It is dead. I bought it directly from Amazon. I have only had to charge it maybe three times. This is my fourth. I had no problem charging it before.

Ed

Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hello Ed !!

Are per the symptoms you have provided, its evident that the power jack on the Kindle is damaged or the power adapter has issues.

In either case your Kindle is in warranty and Amazon will give you free repair / replacement. Make sure that do not tell them that you did anything like "The nib inside was slightly bent upward. I straightened it out so it would fit the plug."

They will void your warranty if they come to know that you did any such thing. Just tell them that you dont know whats wrong.

You will have to give a call to following phone number to obtain warranty repairs. Only they can process the warranty repair. It cannot be done online.
  • In the United States: 1-866-321-8851
  • Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927

I will opt out so that other experts can look into it too.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this helped, please click "ACCEPT" so that I get paid for my work.

I will continue to help even after you click Accept.

If it did not help, please let me know instead of leaving a Negative Feedback.

Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.