Dan, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.

I have a PIoneer Plasma HDTV w/the Media receiver..However,

I have a PIoneer Plasma HDTV w/the Media receiver..However, I am missing the ADF1018 PDP sytem Cable and the electric cord to the receiver unit. The ADF1018 PDP system cable for the reciever (Model pdpR03U) shows up as $222.00+ on a part store website.. Is this REALLY the best price for this 2 headed plug?..This was left in a foreclosed property & I'm not even sure if it will work, but have to have the cable to even get power & turn on...Will I need anything other than the TV, REceiver & remote control?..thanks. JUDY
Greetings Judy, the price you mentioned is about the lowest you will find this 23 ft. cable. However, the number for the system cable, according to my service manual, is QCNW-6117CEZZ and is a 10 ft. (3 meter) cable. This is intended to connect with either a PDP-503PU or a PDP-433PU plasma display.

While there are several sources online that have this for over $200 USD, here is a link to one for $126 USD.

Click here=> Fox International

A word of caution, never operate the system with the back removed since there is a trip switch that will render it non-functional.

If you need additional information or clarification, let me know. I can also upload the service manuals for you if you can use them.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your response. Sorry. I have been unable to get back to you until tonite. My Pioneer Plasma is model I am hoping that the

available from Fox International will work just as well as the PDPR03U..especially since it is approx. $100 cheaper.

I do accept your assistance. Thanks so much

There is no problem with your response time. You can reply most anytime it is convenient, in fact, I have had responses months later. I just have to keep an eye on my email notifications.

Here is another source option:

Click here=> PartStore

The cable number you listed and the one I supplied are essentially the same cable set (there are two cables in the set) except that the one I listed is 10 feet in length and the other is 25 feet.

Best of luck, I hope the system works for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I received the cable. It DID fit and work. However, NOW I have NO sound. I have checked around for speakers to fit the audio inputs at the back of the receiver, however, all speakers I find have wires..not the yellow, red, green multiple connectors .. What type of speaker do I use?.. I don't want to have to buy a surround sound sytem..I did not realize that a Plasma TV did NOT have its own speaker system?

Hi Judy, glad to hear the cable worked out. So much time went by I thought something went wrong. While you didn't mention which monitor you had, if you have the PDP-5030 or the PDP-4330, there is a built-in stereo amplifier rated at 12W + 12W. If you already have, or purchase, a pair of speakers, you can attach speaker wires to the terminals on the rear of the monitor without having to buy an amplifier or surround system.

Thanks for the accept. Let me know if you need any more info.

Edited by Dan on 11/6/2009 at 7:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is a

PDP 503 PU..and I think I just found the speaker wire openings..

I will try that asap & see if I can now have audio..tks

OK, you have the PDP-5030HD system then. My mistake for being in a hurry earlier and missing the model number of the monitor you had already listed.

Just in case you don't have the Owner's Manual for your system, I have uploaded it to my off-site storage for you to download.

Click here=> Owner's Manual <=Click here to go to the download page and then click the download link.