Dan, Master Electronic Technician
Experience:  Over 40 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
12940042

We have a RC - True Flat - Model # F27tF720 Serial # C47313B20AF Chasses

Customer Question

We have a RC - True Flat -
Model # XXXXX
Serial # XXXXX
Chasses # XXXXX
Yesterday, October 8th, as ususal my husband came home from work (first of all we have to turn the tv on by pressing the on button on the tv). The t.v. came on, but my husband went in to another room to get on the computer and left the t.v. on...... I as always trying to conserve enery turned the t.v. OFF like we always have done...... about 2 hours later my husband went to turn the t.v. on and it would come on.... NOW understand, we do have cable here in our area and the t.v. is hooked up to a cable box.... when I tried to turn the t.v. on manually as always, the on button blinked green 3-4 times, but it would never come on...... can you plse help me troubleshoot this matter..

Sincerely,
Susan Kinney
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Greetings Susan, unfortunately the blinking light on the front panel is insufficient to pinpoint the exact failure of your model TV as is possible in later year models. The ATC113Be1 chassis of RCA's has a number of problems associated with a no-startup symptom and require the ability to technically diagnose, by taking readings in several circuits, in order to isolate the faulty circuit component. The power supply, Gemstar 4 module and high voltage circuits are all capable of causing the TV to go into a protective mode shutdown when faulty.

Due to the complex design, the use of a service manual, proper test equipment and the proper technical background are necessary to diagnose the problem properly.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Edited by Dan on 10/11/2009 at 9:14 PM EST