euro-pro llc
euro-pro llc, Technician
Experience:  22 years experience
21107900

My Samsung TV makes a high pitched beeping noise when I turn

My Samsung TV makes a high pitched beeping noise when I turn it on.

I will try to help you with this question.

What is the tv model# XXXXX?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The Model number is: LN - T3253H.

The story is this. Earler today I had some channels missing and I thought the cable was out. But certain channels were working. I set up a cable appointment for tomorrow and then turned the TV off.

Then a short bit ago I turned on the TV so that I could watch some pre recorded Tivo shows. But when I turned it on the TV made a high pitched beeping sound. I switched input to other inputs and it stopped, but as soon as I got back to the normal TV input, it started the incessant beeping again. Turning off the TV and unplugging and plugging back in haven't worked.

Thanks.

Thank you for the very clear description of the problem.

The symptom you describe is consistent with a possible failure of the inverter board.this is the board that provides the high voltage to the backlight lamps.

It is basically and oscillator circuit married with some step up transformers.Something in this oscillator circuit it starts to fail=high pitching noise from the transformers.

Now this is not an immediate sign of failure of the tv set,but eventually it will fail in the future.

The fix would be to replace this inverter board.The board itself costs up to $100,but Samsung is not providing it as a separate part,only with the LCD panel together(to replace the panel will be way to expensive,exceeding cost of the unit).

You still may find an inverter board,but I need to know what is the unit's complete model code,version(VER#) and serial#.These will help me identify the right part#,since under the same model# XXXXX many versions,using different panels and inverters.

If you want me to research this part for you ,please provide the above info.

If you do not plan to replace this part by yourself,then,the estimate to repair this unit will be "the part cost"+ about $100 to $150 for labor fee.

I hope this help,let me know if you need help with the inverter part#.

Thank you and have a great day!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thank you. Here is the model number, serial, version....

Model: LNT3253HX/XAA
Serial: AH6X3CHP706841R
Version: SN04

So it sounds like I'll need to find a TV repairman here in New York to take a look. Sad that the TV is only 2 years old. :(

I understand your frustration ,I would feel the same,

This new technologies,plasma and LCD are cool and fancy...until they break,usually soon after manufacturer warranty expires.

I work in a big Service Center and we see here,almost brand new LCD and Plasma TV with very serious failures..

I could help you install the part by yourself if you have some minimum electronic skills,in case we can find an inverter board for it.

Is not hard and it will save you the time and money.

I found the part# XXXXX the inverter board :

BN81-01786A

It is available at:

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/BN8101786A/New.aspx

It costs $71.

Please let me know if you need help installing it!

Thank you very much for accepting my answer,please feel free to ask my help anytime again!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks so much. Hmm 'minimum electronic skills.' Well, I'm a tiny bit handy, but not incredibly so. Do you think it's a fairly straightforward operation...or do you think I could really screw more things up and should find local help?

If you think it's kind of a straightforward thing that you could send me instructions for, then maybe I'll go ahead and order the part online. But if you think I'll make a mess of it...I can call someone. :)

Well,

There are several screws in the back cove ,that need to come out,then the board itself is screwed into the LCD panel with about 6 or 8 screws also.

Then there are several connectors that need to be unplugged from the inverter board and then plugged back in.

Really the hardest part would be to make sure and do not break the connectors locking tabs..is not too much you can damage.Also there are no adjustments needed after the board is replaced.It should work straight from the box!

I will attach a pdf file,that might help,in case you want to do it yourself.Once you see the pictures it will be a lot more clear what is it about!

Here is the file:

click here

At the page 11-4 you can see the LCD panel with the inverter board on it!

This board on the left side of panel needs to be replaced.

Thank you one more time, I hope I earned your positive feedback,if not,let me know what can I do to improve!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi there

Thanks again for all your help. Just figured I'd let you know how it resolved itself in case you were interested. I had already had the cable guy set up to come over because of the missing channel issue. And I kept the appointment. When he showed up I said 'not sure you can help me, I think the tv is broken.' But he took a look anyway, reset something and the noise went away. So that's great news. Hopefully it won't come back.

Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to hold onto all your directions in case it comes up again.

Hi there,

Well, I think this will turn out to be only a temporarily solution,I think the noise will come back later on.

But anyway,it works for now,in case it will come back,you know what needs to be replaced.

Thank you for letting me know,and have a great day!