Andy , Electronics & Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yrs exp. MS Electrical Engg., Design Engineer, SEO, Cust. support, Marketing.
16465236

gps not charging

gps not charging
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hi !!

It is possible that the fuse in the car charger has blown or the car female plug has issue and so its not charging your device.

You can confirm this by connecting it to your computer using the USB cord and charing it for few hours and then try to start it.

The USB cable will look like this :

graphic
View Full Image

Can you please try this and let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
unit is now hooked up to computer. will advise if working in 2 hours
Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hi !!

Sure, let me know.

Press Ctrl+D to save this page as Favorite/Bookmark so that you can click on it to reach me after you restart computer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Andy

Been charging 3 hours no success...what now?

Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hello !!

Sorry for the delay.

So was the unit plugged in to computer when the computer was On and running. Or was the computer screen black (power save mode) ?

If the computer On, what is the exact status of the GPS now. What happens when you click the power button ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Andy

1. Computer was in screen black [power save mode]

2. GPS plugged in, no reponse when clicking power button of gps

Expert:  Andy replied 6 years ago.
Hello !!

The USB ports of computer will not charge the GPS if its in power save mode. You need to keep the computer in ON state to charge the GPS

Else buy this wall charger : LINK and charge it overnight

If the Gps is not getting charged by car, computer as well as AC then either its USB port has broken internally or the main board has gone bad. Its not a software problem

If its in warranty, Magellan will repair it for free. Else it will cost you more than buying a new gps.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

If my answer helped, please click ACCEPT so I get paid for my work.