Stereowiz
Stereowiz, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years experience in Audio Electronics , Car Audio, Home and Audiophile Stereo Repair Service
19986471

my harman kardon AVR 254, keeps going into protect mode and

my harman kardon AVR 254, keeps going into protect mode and shuts off

There is a problem with the amplifier, try disconnecting the all the speakers, if the problem persists, the reciver has to be taken to service.

Harman Kardon has designed the unit to shutts off whenever there is a problem inside the unit to protect the speakers and the unit to go up in smoke.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the unit is brand new, what will disconnecting the speakers do?

If there is a problem with the speakers installation and you disconnect them,and the unit will power on fine, and we will know that we have to address the speaker wiring issue.

If the unit is brand new and the unit goes into protection mode without speakers, then you have to take it back, is broken.