Kyle
Kyle, Consumer Electronic Trouble Shooter
Experience:  5 yrs Circuit City (Aud/Vid), 11 yrs Tech. Director TV Station, 2 yrs Rec. Studio

How Do I program my RCA TV remote R401A1 to work my dish Sat

How Do I program my RCA TV remote R401A1 to work my dish Sat system this is the remote that came with my TV and it has a sat button on it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Kyle replied 4 years ago.

Hello; The following instructions are for your remote control. I also have the codes for your dish reciever.

Using Direct Entry

1. Turn on the device you want to control.

2. On your remote control, simultaneously press and hold the ON•OFF and

MUTE buttons (approximately 3 seconds) until a device button remains lit.

Then release the buttons.

4. Press and release the device button (SAT) you want

to program.

5. Enter a three digit code from this code list. [655] [647] 628 612 654 588 589 590

6. To test the code you've programmed for that device button, point the

remote at the device and then press ON•OFF to see if the device responds

to the remote control.

If the device turns off, you've entered the correct programming code for your

device. (You might want to circle the code for future reference). If the device

doesn't turn off, repeat these steps until you've tested all codes for your device's

brand or try to run a manual code search.

Using Automatic Code Search

2. On your remote control, simultaneously press and hold ON•OFF and MUTE (approximately 3

seconds) until a device button remains lit. Then release the buttons.

3. Press and release the device button (SAT) you want to program.

4. Press and release the ON•OFF button once. There is a delay of approximately 6 seconds before

the remote starts the code search.

The device buttons blinks each time the remote control sends a code to test for your device.

Keep pointing the remote at the device.

5. Once the device turns off, quickly press the OK button to save the code.

6. If you accidentally passed the code before saving it, press the left arrow button to backtrack

through the codes; then use the right arrow button to go forward through the codes again.

When all codes have been searched, the device button flashes 3 times, then the remote exits

automatic code search and returns to normal operation.

One of these options should help you. Good luck and have a good day.

Experience: 5 yrs Circuit City (Aud/Vid), 11 yrs Tech. Director TV Station, 2 yrs Rec. Studio