Andy, Electronics & Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yrs exp. MS Electrical Engg., Design Engineer, SEO, Cust. support, Marketing.

The paper keeps jamming in the output slot on my canon mp510

Customer Question

The paper keeps jamming in the output slot on my canon mp510 printer. It will not roll through. I've tried the manual input as well as front feed.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Please do this and let me know results.

Remove any potentially jammed paper

1. Turn off the machine.

2. If you see the jammed paper in the auto sheet feeder / paper output slot / front feeder, remove it gently.

Auto sheet feeder

Paper output slot

Front feeder

3. If torn paper remains inside the machine, open the top cover to remove it.

Note : Avoid touching inner parts.

4. Turn on the machine and confirm that the Alarm lamp is off. (If the jammed paper remains in the machine, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

5. Load paper properly to resume printing.

How to remove jammed paper from the rear of the machine

1. Push the rear cover tab to the right and pull out the rear cover.

2. If you can see the jammed paper, remove it gently.

Note : Avoid touching the inner parts. If you cannot pull out the paper, turn off the machine and turn it on again. The paper will be ejected automatically.

3. Insert the protrusions of the rear cover into the slots at the rear of the machine and press the tab to attach the rear cover.

4. Turn on the machine and confirm that the Alarm lamp is turned off.

5. Load paper to resume printing.

Let me know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please ask me any question you have before leaving a Negative Feedback. I will help you solve all your problems.

Positive Feedback and BONUS is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I removed the paper jam from the rear of the machine. The paper wasn't stuck inside. It acts like it's not pulling through. I resumed printing and it jammed in the same spot again.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

Can you please tell me how did this problem begun

When did you buy this printer and how often do you use it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didn't realize that there was curled paper in the front loader. this was jammed. I removed the jam. Put in new paper and it still jams. The printer was bought about 3 years ago. I usually print a couple of items each week. I don't use it daily.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

There are only two possibilities
1. There is some piece of paper / paper clip / sticker stuck inside printer and you are not able to access it. In this case you need to turn off printer, then turn it upside down and shake it few times. Then try to start it normally. If still not working then you need to open it up as much you can to see if something is stuck. Use compressed air can if possible.

2. The rollers are misaligned because of the paper jam and needs servicing.

Feel free to ask any question or concern you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Andy, Electronics & Computer Consultant
Experience: 11yrs exp. MS Electrical Engg., Design Engineer, SEO, Cust. support, Marketing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. I tried shaking it and using the compressed air. Still didn't work. I guess I'll need to take to a service person or buy a new one. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Andy replied 4 years ago.
Hello !!

If you have set of screw drivers, open it yourself and see first. Taking it for service might not be required and worth it

Take care