Ask andy the electronics tech Your Own Qu...

andy the electronics tech
andy the electronics tech , Technician
Experience:  10 years as an electronics hobbyist, 5 years as an electronics technician
20733494

My Harman Kardon AV receiver will not turn on. The electrical

Customer Question

My Harman Kardon AV receiver will not turn on. The electrical outlet is fine and I have checked it on another outlet that I know is functioning properly. No one in the family tells me of anything happening to the receiver (although it is possible they may not be completely honest with me). I tried to power the receiver up and it would not come on. All the other electronics are functioning properly. The nearest HK authorized service center is San Antonio or Austin Texas and both are 200 miles away. Please advise.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  andy the electronics tech replied 7 years ago.
Have you checked the fuse on the back of the receiver. I just recently fixed a Harman that simply had a blown fuse not allowing it to power on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No fuse on the back outside. Opened box and checked small fuse at back where power button chord runs and it was not blown.