Miker
Miker, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  2+ years with embedded systems, currently working on MS in Electrical Engineering

Need-Sylv TV code to operate a Dish Network Remote Control

Just bought a new Sylvania TV and connected to Dish Network signal. The Dish Network remote control controlled the previous TV with no problem. The same remote control will not control the Sylvania TV. I am told the Dish Network remote needs a special code for the new tv, but no one seems to have this code. I need a code that is compatible between the Sylvania TV and Dish Network remote control.
Sylvania TV model: LC320SLX
Sylvania Serial no. is: DS1A0921154556
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Miker replied 4 years ago.

Could you tell me the model of the dish network receiver?

thanks

Miker
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DISH REC. ID - DISH PLAYER-DVR625
RECEIVER CAID - R0080376271-75
SMART CARD ID - S1942882513-25

I hope this is what you needed, if not let me know.

If you have the code for above receiver/remote control, please be sure to give me the direction on how to enter the code.

thank you, sam
Expert:  Miker replied 4 years ago.

Here are the following codes for sylvania

506, 525, 536, 566,
568, 569, 573, 600,
610, 652, 654, 656,
659, 660, 664, 665,
666, 671, 672, 674,
677, 723, 724, 729, 733

To try each code you must:

1. turn the sylvania tv on

2. Press and hold the TV mode button until all the other mode
buttons light up, and then let go of the button.The TV mode button   will flash.

3. enter the 3 digit device code from above then press #

you should be able to operate the TV if not repeat this procedure using the next code in the list. If these codes still do not work reply back and I will advise.

Thanks

Miker
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dish Network had provided me with all of these codes and more, and none of them worked. I am hoping that someone could develop a code for this tv/remote control. So far none of the codes has worked. Dish Network response was "how do you expect us to have a code for every TV out there. I dont care about all other TVs, I told them that I was interested in the TV I have.
I hope you will have a code.
Expert:  Miker replied 4 years ago.
<p> </p><p> </p><p>Oh sorry,</p><p> </p><p>I didnt realize you tried all those codes.</p><p> </p><p>unfortunately codes cannot be "developed" for that remote. Your only option is to look into a logitech harmony remote which can be programmed through the PC and its code database is updated frequently. If interested I can give you more details.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks.</p><p> </p><p>Miker</p>
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My apologies that I didnt mention that in my initial post. Dish told me tha I am stuck with two remotes, unless someone could develop a new code for me. If that is not possible, I am sorry to have bothered you.
Expert:  Miker replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, yes that is the case.

I would definately try to look into a logitech remote. Once I got mine I didnt know how I lived without it. I think they are running about 40 dollars on ebay right now. the great thing about them is you can program init sequences which will for example: if you want to watch TV, you can press TV and it will turn on your TV, satellite, sound receiver, and put them on the correct inputs. If you press DVD it will turn on the tv and DVD player and automatically and setting the inputs correctly.

hope this helps,

Miker

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I might have to go to a universal remote, although when I tried the universal remotes in the past they never worked for me. Are you sure the logitech will work for the dish network receiver as well as the Sylvania TV, and there are many Logitech remotes. How can one be sure to get the correct remote. Thanks
Expert:  Miker replied 4 years ago.

These are great questions. Whichever harmony remote you purchase, you will have access to the harmony database of components. I checked the website and your tv is covered as well as the dish network dvr.

If you want to check if other components are available you can check here:

http://myremotesetup.com/easyzapper/New/Main.asp?WebProcessAction=Start&ReturnUrl=%2FEasyZapper%2F%2E%2FNew%2FProcSpice%2Flanding%2Easp&ClassId=PrSpice%2EProcSpice&RelativePath=ProcSpice%2F

I have The logitech 550 and I really like it. you can probably pick it up on ebay for 50 dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOGITECH-HARMONY-550-UNIVERSAL-REMOTE-CONTROL-LCD_W0QQitemZ220456356024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item33543908b8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1240%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

If you have any other questions just reply!

Thanks

Miker
Miker, Electrical Engineer
Experience: 2+ years with embedded systems, currently working on MS in Electrical Engineering
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have ordered Harmony 670 on Ebay. Should be here next week.
Expert:  Miker replied 4 years ago.
Great! I think you will be very happy with it. I will be here if you have any questions on setup.

Also.. Make sure to check out the one button setup options so you can just press one button and it will configure the components for you when you want to watch tv or watch a dvd.

good luck!

Miker