Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

i have a rca home theatre premire guide plus gold gem star

i have a rca home theatre premire guide plus gold gem star tv ,and with the change over to digital to anolog converter box i can not use the guid features it scans and only detects chanel 3 and none others I am using an inet converter box is there a converter box that can let the guide plus features work correctly for the chanels coming over the air vhf and uhf please tell me if so what make and where i can buy one thank you sincerley ernest brusven at XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX the model number of the rca tv is F36688
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

The built-in TV guide feature of the RCA TV will no longer work since presumably, it is not directly connected to an antenna and still operates on the reception of an analog TV signal. But primarily, the reason is there are no longer any program guides available since most (if not all) of the old channels (and therefore their programs + guide) are no longer active.

The digital TV program guides if and when made available by the different stations would be readily received by most converter boxes. For the moment, o
nline TV guides of most big stations would have to be used. An example is for the ABC network. Similar online TV guides should be available depending on your country and digital TV broadcasting stations.

Good luck and thank you for using JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how come it will still work on cable tv or satalite and they have always been broad cast in digital for many years,and there boxes conected still alow its fetures to work ? i had assumed that it may have been the boxs there selling to convert from digital to anolog,are you saying if i sine up with cable lets say time warner it fetures built into the tv will no longer work with cable and or satalite providers,please explane what the differance is between the converter boxes are and the one i have,
Expert:  Louie replied 5 years ago.
On (some) cable and satellites systems, it was originally built into the system. As earlier posted, since most (if not all) of the TV stations have switched to digital, the availability of digital TV guides is expectedly to follow soon if not already available in some stations (again depending on your location and the DTV signal station).

The basic features (and therefore design) of all OTA (over-the-air) DTV digital to analog converter boxes are identical; receive digital TV signals and convert it to analog irregardless of the incoming TV signals be it an actual TV program or be it a program guide (if available). This is why the DTV signals could still be viewed on Channel 3 on an analog TV. If the DTV program guides are already available and broadcasted, then when the preliminary scan of the converter box was made, then it would have been included and memorized.

The best source of information would be your provider or prospective provider or the DTV stations depending on your location. Some have it, some don't while still, others would have it later on.

I would also opt out to enable other members of the site to further view your concern. Additional information / answers would be provided should it be available.
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 3+ yrs. online, down to component level.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are you familer with the tv i am making referance to RCA home theater premiere guid plus gold gem star model F36688,it was the primary selling feature of the tv and thats why it was purchesed,great built in feture,you are telling me it is now obsolet,